If you’re anything like me, you’re probably on your phone really often! If I’m not on Instagram looking at puppies, I’m probably on Pinterest looking for recipes or on Facebook taking a Buzz Feed quiz about what my favorite ice cream flavor says about me! So why not use your phone to help with some of the daily struggles we face as MILSOs.
- BrightNest: This App keeps all your home maintenance in one spot! It sends you reminders of all your important tasks that need to be done and you can create your own schedule. It also has thousands of articles on home decorating, tips and more. It’s also free and available for both iPhones and Androids!
- Doing Time: I don’t know about you but I’m so for countdowns and keeping up with time, this could be for deployments, vacations, PCSing, anything! It puts the countdown in a pie chart format and you can make it all colors and add photos! This one is one of my favorites for sure! Its also free and open for all users!
- Know Your Stuff: This one is definitely a MUST HAVE when you’re PCSing! It keeps track of all your stuff and you can sort it by room and even have pictures! It’s great to know the condition of all your stuff before the movers come in case anything happens!
- Commissary Rewards: For those of you that shop at the commissary, this app lets you digitally save and clip coupons to your commissary rewards card. New coupons are posted every 2-3 weeks!
- Base Directory: The is the universal directory of all major military installations. It’s from BaseDirectory.com and provides a free, comprehensive way to find what you’re looking for on base. This is totally helpful when you’re trying to pick your new duty station or you’re PCS’ing to a new one and can’t seem to find your way around!
- My Military life: So this app is really cool in my opinion! It’s from the National Military Family Association and it just gives you lots of advice on different situations and lots of resources! You can also ask and answer questions in a forum!
- Around Me: This app shows you everything around you, like movie theaters, banks, grocery stores, hotels, gas stations, you name it! They also give you the weather forecast so this would totally be helpful in a new PCS or if you’re just going for a visit!
- Certifikid:This ones for all the moms and dads out there. This app helps find activities for the kids in the local area! It gives discounts at family friendly places and theres an email list!
- DiscountSoldier/ MilitaryDiscounters: These two apps basically do the same thing, they find places in your area that gives military discounts!
- Sandboxx: This free app helps simplify life for military members and the people that support them by providing a cross-branch platform to connect, communicate, and correspond. Use this app to post, upload, and message your military network, which you can organize by unit, friends, and family. A “Letters” feature helps you easily create digital and physical letters to boot camp or deployment locations. You can customize your profile to include your military lifestyles, history, and rankings.